We all like to have a nice tan on our skin especially during spring and summer. But not all of us afford to spend days sunbathing until we get just the right shade. This is why you can find a wide variety of tanning lotions nowadays that you can use in the comfort of your house.
The rest of the world will see your tanned skin and admire it the entire hot season. But how to choose the best indoor tanning lotion and why should you even consider investing in such a product? In this guide, we will address this topic and the most important questions regarding it.
What You Should Consider When Buying an Indoor Tanning Lotion
Before deciding to purchase the most popular tanning lotion on the market, you have to see if that product is a good match for your skin and expectations.
There are more types of tanning lotions, and each one of them has a different effect. So, here’s what you should keep an eye on when shopping for such a product!
There are indoor tanning lotions made with or without chemicals and artificial fragrances band there are a product made or organic ingredients that are hypoallergenic.
If you choose an indoor tanning lotion with aloe vera, you can count on the fact that it is a good one, regardless of your skin type. And also, you can try to make sure the product you are using has as many organic ingredients as possible.
Make sure that your potential indoor tanning lotion is also a good moisturizer and it can nourish your skin the way it should.
Get Familiar With The Types Of Tanning Lotion
Indoor tanning lotions come in different styles, and some of them are better for your needs than others. For instance, you have bronzers, accelerators, maximizers, tingle, and coolants.
The bronzer will give you the tan you want without exposing you to any time in the sun. This is also the most popular type of lotion. Accelerators will help you get tanned faster while you are sunbathing while maximizers help you tan deeper.
As for the tingle and coolants, increase blood flow which also accentuates the melanin production, and as a result, you get to look tanned. The most moisturizing tanning lotions are the accelerators.
Consider Your Type Of Skin
Since any indoor tanning lotion, you might choose meant to be applied on your skin directly; you need to make sure that it is the right kind for the type of skin that you have.
There are lotions for sensitive skin, oily skin, products that you can use to avoid certain allergic reactions, and all you have to do is pick the right one for you.
Like we mentioned before, a good indoor tanning lotion should have a high level of hydrating effect so that it gets absorbed better into your skin and has effects that last longer.
Price Is Also An Important Factor
Regardless of how much you are planning to use an indoor tanning lotion, being it just for the summer or maybe for the entire year, you still need to pay attention to the price tag.
The chances are that you will buy more than one product if you want to maintain your tanning shade so you might need to consider how much you are planning to spend on it.
Luckily, nowadays you can find good quality indoor tanning lotion for every type of budget so you won’t have to worry about not affording one of these.
What Parts Of Your Body Can You Apply The Lotion On
Some tanning lotions are meant to be used on your entire body while others should not be used on your face or sensitive areas.
If you consider that there’s a possibility for your tanning cream not to be recommended for your face, you might want to look at a different product. You want your skin to be tanned equally after all!
Importance of Indoor Tanning Lotion
Indoor UV tanning lotions are formulated exclusively for indoor tanning. It enhances and stimulates the natural tanning process of your body. It not only protects the moisture levels of your skin but also enable your pores to launch and boost your UV exposure! Let’s take a look at the importance of the indoor tanning lotions:
Most of the superior quality indoor tanning lotions contain a refractive prism of natural oil that causes an intensification of the UV light; it helps to make stronger your tan.
- Skin conditioning tends to be one of the most significant parts and often ignored part of the tanning procedure. Tanning is considered as biological procedure requiring a precise sequence of reactions in the skin and having the accurate nutrients obtainable is crucial to this procedure.
- Moisturization is vital! Dry skins reflect UV light, so if you’re not utilizing an indoor tanning lotion, it can waste up to fifty percent of your tanning session.
- Indoor tanning lotion contains vitamins, anti-oxidants, natural oils, natural botanical extracts, minerals, and Aloe Vera gives your skin the additional moisture needed to get a deeper tan. Moreover, it will last longer than dry and unhealthy skin.
How to Use an Indoor Tanning Lotion
Before enjoying the shade of tan that you need, you should follow certain steps that can make the difference between success and failure. And even if when it comes to how to use an indoor tanning lotion there is no set in stone rules, you should still follow the next tips to achieve great results:
- Make sure you exfoliate your skin before applying the tanning lotion. An exfoliated skin will be smoother and easier to absorb tanning lotions of different consistencies.
- Shave your skin or the areas you plan to apply your tanning lotion on. This will avoid lotion to be dragged around your hair and not get spread evenly.
- Wear clothes that you will not be upset if they get stained. Most body lotions are having this property of staining clothes and different materials and depending on the type of product that you use; you might find that such stains don’t always get cleaned with regular detergent.
- Wait some hours before you take a shower after you apply tanning lotion. This will give the lotion the time to get into your skin and create a lasting effect.
- Use a body lotion after you take your shower to provide the right nutrients for your skin and help it look healthier and smoother.
By following this guide, you can be sure that you end up with the best indoor tanning lotion for your needs. And you will gain the type of tan that you want regardless of how much you spend in the sun. The best indoor tanning lotion should look so natural on your skin that everyone will think that you were born with it.
Try to stick with one product for at least several weeks until you determine if it works or not. Some tanning lotions have the property to tan you gradually, and you don’t get the result you want instantly.